Dr. Jay K. Lindly
- Director of the UTCA
- Aging Infrastructure Systems Center for Excellence
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Institute
- University Transportation Center for Alabama
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 1987
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Kansas State University, 1977
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Kansas, 1976
Dr. Jay Lindly is the director of the University Transportation Center for Alabama (UTCA), a federally-funded transportation research center housed in the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering. UTCA funds transportation research on the three campuses of The University of Alabama system. The center’s theme is Management and Safety of Transportation Systems.
Lindly’s recent research projects have included studies on the use of seat belts in school buses, the relative reflective properties of different types of highway edge lines, the health of the intercity bus system in Alabama, and the level of deterioration of pavements.