A student majoring in an engineering program may earn a minor in engineering or another division of the University, such as chemistry, mathematics or business.
Required courses and electives needed for an engineering or computer science degree may also count toward the minor.
The Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering offers the following minors:
- Architectural Engineering – A minimum of 22 credit hours; classes include structural and construction engineering an integrated building design studio
- Civil Engineering – A minimum of 25 credit hours; classes include environmental, structural and construction engineering and highway design
- Construction Engineering – A minimum of 18 credit hours; classes include construction and safety engineering and construction cost estimating
- Environmental and Water Resources Engineering – A minimum of 18 credit hours; classes include environmental and water resources engineering and air pollution
- Structural Engineering – A minimum of 15 credit hours; classes include structural engineering and analysis and steel, wood and concrete designs
- Transportation Engineering – A minimum of 15 credit hours; classes include highway design and construction and traffic engineering
The University of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog is home to the most up-to-date curriculum and course information. For further information on our programs, please visit the College of Engineering section of the catalog. The College’s Academic Advising Center can assist current students with curriculum information.
The College of Engineering Academic Advising Center helps students plan their path to a degree. Advising appointments are required for semester and long term course planning, discussing or changing a major or minor along with extended discussion of these or other advising questions.